Pages

Follow Me On Twitter

Tuesday 22 March 2011

30 Day Challenges.

30 Day Book Challenge: Favourite Romance: Wuthering Heights.

Everyone knows the story of Cathy and Heathcliffe. Heathcliffe is adopted by Cathy's family and the two fall in love, Heathcliffe gets the wrong end of the stick and believes that Cathy can never love him due to his status so he leaves and Cathy marries someone else.
I know the book isn't amazingly and overly romantic but in a way it is. I love the relationship between Cathy and Heathcliffe and the idea that niether is truly happy without the other. To much happens for them to actually be together. Death is the final solution and it is thought that in the 'afterlife' Cathy and Heath can be together forever; no bound of class.
I can't really explain why I love this book so much, it's quite a harrowing tale really. I think it's the unconventional romance of the book, the fact the 'happy ending' is really that Cathy and Heath have to die to be together and in turn is a tragic ending. It differs vastly from the romance of Romeo and Juliet where a certain magic veil is placed over the romance.
I reccomend everyone gives it a go at least once.


30 Day Movie Challenge: Movie That Makes You Cry: King Kong.
I think the reason the film makes me cry so much is just the amount of animal cruelty in this film. I'm a big animal lover, possibly more then humans, I love all animals and King Kong really strikes a chord with me because it shows the true cruelty of human nature. The Humans in king kong really had no need to go to the island and capture Kong but they pursued him anyway. I think what upsets me to is that even though King Kong is shown such cruelty by these creatures he offers kindness to the Lady of the picture. He does everything to save her.
The ending line is 'Twas beauty Killed The Beast' this annoys me because it wasn't it was humanity destroying something beautiful as it often does.
The film makes me cry so much :(

Ugly duckling Out

No comments:

Post a Comment