Pages

Follow Me On Twitter

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Siblings......

I like many of you out there am not an only child. I am however the oldest and being the oldest comes with the burden of setting the bar, being the one the other siblings can turn to. This for obvious reasons has its ups and its downs.

When me and my brother were younger we had quite a good relationship, we did a lot together and I used to play out with his friends more then my own. Then he got older and became a knuckle dragging neanderthal. Thats a little to harsh maybe, he's very intelligent my brother, he has a rather brilliant business brain, its not so much he's an actual caveman, hell with his friend he's the life and soul of the party but when it comes to me, all I get are grunts and simple words.


He however spends to much and then needs money.
It's my duty as his sister to lend him money where I can to help him get on his feet as he starts his new job, just like it's my mothers job to take care of him.
Initially I was angry that he asked for money, he should of saved; just like he should of asked when he deleted all my files off the computer, or threw certain things of mine in the bin. Saying he should of though doesn't help his situation, it doesn't teach him a lesson. If he were more settled in his job and not just starting out I think I would of been more angry, more reluctant to lend him money and a lot more enthusiastic about teaching him a lesson. Lessons I myself have had to learn the hard way. At the end of the day though he is my brother and though he has his faults like any human he needs my help so I should help him.
 
Then there is my sister. My little sister. My little overdramatic, anxiety ridden sister who can annoy the hell out of me at times. This incident comes down to money again, I'm pretty lax at buying her things. I treat her every once in a while maybe to much. As when checking my bank statements today I find she has been downloading things off Itunes without my permission, spending my money, which as a student I don't have a lot of.
I'm dissappointed and upset and rather pissed off still, but that isn't going to change the fact she still did it.
She's my sister so I should forgive her and move on.
I'm not saying I have no faults as an older sister, as I've posted before I have horrible mood swings, I can turn very angry and quite vicious in the space of minutes.

As the oldest sibling you are to set the bar to which others should try and reach. If I had become a Dr or Lawyer or any kind of success I'm sure there would be more pressure on my siblings. I didn't though and there isn't.
I guess siblings are just there to be used and abused though. For everything they've done, getting me in trouble for no reason and the likes. Nothing can really beat the funny little moments that familys share. Nowadays they are more centred around the games console, but there is nothing like a common enemy to really bring a family together.

So to finish off this rambling blog post, i just want to say while they piss me off and take my money, while they annoy me with their getting me in trouble antics. My brother and sister are still very talented people and woe betied anyone who tries to hurt either of them, because they will have the equivilant of a human tornado to deal with.

Ugly Duckling Out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment