Pages

Follow Me On Twitter

Friday 18 March 2011

30 Day Challenges: Movie and Book Challenge

I've decided to put them both on one long post :)

30 Day Book Challenge: Favourite Mystery Book
what can I say i'm a HUGE Diagnosis Murder fan and have the books this one is my favourite it's the first one and it's written by a writer of the show, this means the author actually knows and understand s the characters. I don't like some of the last books but the first few I adore.
For those who don't know Diagnosis Murder is a tv show that ran between 1993 to 2001. It was a mystery series with Dick Van Dyke as chief of medicine and awesome sleuth Dr Mark Sloan who along with his real life son (Barry Van Dyke) playing Steve Sloan and two fellow doctors solves many a mystery.
The book brings back Jack a Dr from the early series who left and was replaced by Jesse, this obviously creates tensions within the group while Mark tries to solve a murder.
If you love the show you will absolutley love the books.

30 Day Movie Challenge: Your Favourite Horror Film.

I don't know if I myself would really class this as horror it doesn't scare me even a little not like The Howling or Dog soldiers, doesn't give me chills like Thirteen Ghosts.
It does have a few scary bits like the starving and decaying Lestat that we see.
I do love this film though it's rather glossy, its got a sort of shine on it not like the earlier Dracula with Gary Oldman.
I love the dynamics between the characters and how heart breaking it is when our little girl vampire dies.
Louis and Lestat are a perfect paring to one doesn't care about the human race while the other craves to be human again. I've read the book for it to and I loved that aswell.
I like this series I love queen of the damned even though it's really cheesy it's still really fun. I love my vampire films, I like some horror if it doesn't scare me to much but vampires and werewolves I don't think they'll ever really scare me :) I reccommend this to everyone along wiht Dusk Til Dawn, Daybreakers, The Howling, dog Soldiers, Dracula 2000 :)

Ugly Duckling Out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment