Pages

Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday 17 March 2011

30 Day Challenges: Movie Challenge

30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 3 - Your Favoruite Action/adventure Film.

The Mummy Returns.


I could have chosen anything; I could have picked Die Hard and the likes but I'm sticking with The Mummy or rather The Mummy two. I love this film so much, at the same time it's quite cheesy it kind of satisfys everything that I look for in a film for me. It's got some great comedy moments, great fun action scenes and some minor scary points to. It's also got some brilliant bits of romance in it.
It's very hollywood the film, it's cheesy and rather full of 'beautiful people', beautiful in the old fashioned sense though not in the new age sense, take Evelyn, Evelyn is a throwback to old Hollywood movies, shes got this english rose look about her and to me she's one of the sexiest women characters ever in film. Not only would I want to be like her because she encompasses brains and beauty, but shes the type of woman I'd want to marry. Then theres the men, Rick is the stereotypical all action male who steps in to save the world and his family from the evil mummy yet at the same time he's kind and caring. I think the characters are really balanced in the film to and I think that's one of the reason I love it.
I also love the sense of adventure in the film, inevitably it's all about good vs evil, Evelyn and family vs the mummy, trying to stop him taking over the world. There are exotic locations and brilliant fight sequences andsome real funny moments in there to. Especially where Johnathan is concerned.

I give this film five stars and reccomend it to everyone.

Ugly Duckling Out

No comments:

Post a Comment