Pages

Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday 20 March 2011

30 Day Challenges

I was really busy yesterday so I didn't get chance to post so I'll do yesterdays and todays now :) 30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 5 Favourite Drama

This has to be my favourite ever drama film it's absolutley fantastic.
Snow Cake is a film about chance meetings; Alex played by Alan Rickman, is on his way home when he picks up a hitchhiker, as he is driving the girl home a truck smashes into them, Alex escapes unscathed but the girl is killed. Alex decides tovisit the girls mother to offer his condolences and finds Linda played by Sigourney Weaver. Linda is autistic and Vivienne, who died in the car crash did everything for her. Alex decides to stay and help her out until and after the funeral. The films simple uncomplicated about the human nature. It's not about them falling in love or finding each other, it's simply about a moment in time a period, part of the journey that is Alex's life.
I love how the film uses little inserts of comedy to lighten the mood, I reccomend the film to everyone, I think this is a film you will want to watch over and over again.

30 Day Challenge: Day 6 Favourite Comedy.

Now I'm a huge comedy film fan. I could have chosen something obvious like Monty Python, Hangover or even Hot Fuzz. I thought I should stop myself right their though.
This film is simply a comedy, its not subtle in fact it's quite in your face, but it contains some of the best quotes and comebacks anyway. In the film our two older characters have to do community service and get put into a programme called Sturdy Wings. Where they must take care of their two younger parts.
Wheeler ends up with the smart mouth dirty talking Ronnie 'The Boobie Watcher.' They are matched perfectly together along with Danny and Augie the odd ball role playing kid with his knights of xanthia.
I give it a high rating, a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment